• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How often do you run into other muzzle loader hunters?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've dozed off more than a few times but "asleep" isn't usually an accurate word to describe it. I'll doze but am able to keep my ears on full alert. Many's the time I've been comfortably dozing and jerk awake when I detect a sound that doesn't fit. It only takes me a moment to regain my wits (assuming I have wits) and decipher what's going on. So I hunt with ears more than I do with eyes.

Fell asleep a few times myself. Woke once when a stick cracked right behind me. It was a mullie doe checking me out. Scared us both at the same time, lol. Another time fell asleep in my stand, woke myself up with snoring to find a nice bull moose just staring at me. My bow was an arms reach away. No moose for me that day!
Walk

Back