• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Not To Shoot a flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingo1952

54 Cal.
Reaction score
This guy is Nuts :nono:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y7dhj0A9Ms[/youtube]

Holy manure! This guy must be some kind of re enactor who has never fired a live round out of a
gun. He primed with his main powder horn first!
Then he went right to the muzzle with the same powder horn! Most shooting matches are based on the standard NMLRA rules. This guy would be thrown off the range if he ever started to load like this! How would you like to be in the loading area and see this guy prime first With his main horn and then go to the muzzle with the same horn. Most original pouches from the last 220 years have powder measures tied on them for a good reason! Holy manure!
:surrender:

Well, this guy was pretty close to either blow a .58 ball into his head or shooting the ramrod through his hand. :nono:

A person handling firearms should at least have some common sense of safety if experience is missing. :hmm:
And he even missed the first rule, finger off the trigger until youre ready to shoot!!

By the way, did he also use the priming powder as main powder charge? If its 4FG....well its his life.

Well he did do one thing right. He told the woman to get back that she was to close. If I was her I would be way way back behind a brick wall. He is going to kill someone or himself. Stupid People Do Stupid Things.

:hmm: What's that story about Darwinian Natural Selection? One bigger imbecile than the other, but it shows all of us stupidity runs rampant at firing ranges and anywhere "gun owners" get together. :shake:

Certainly the video shows how one person fails to follow what the majority of us knows are good, safe practices when shooting. His actions are dangerous and one hopes the video will cause a friend or acquaintance to get him the education he needs to be safe.

I must strongly disagree, however, that
...it shows all of us stupidity runs rampant at firing ranges and anywhere "gun owners" get together.
That statement paints all gun owners as stupid. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm hoping you misspoke and didn't really mean it that way.

That was bad but I've seen worse. Some years ago the Billings paper had an article about some people starting up a new BP club. The photo for the article showed a guy loading a pistol directly from the can with a cigarette in his mouth. Next to the powder sat a can of beer.

The club didn't last long. Don't know if they killed each other or not.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nope...Not Funny at All !!!
can you believe there are people out there like that????
I wonder if he has shot himself yet?

Excellent ignition. He's probably dead by now!
But if not, maybe a reply at Youtube would wake him up before a flash out his muzzle will......

-----flash pan full- frizzen closed-at full cock while loading barrel-----HE HAS GOT TO BE DEAD BY NOW-----

OBITUARY---

"Freddy was a flintlocker who knew more than any other flintlocker. Somehow he was found dead with his head blowed clear off. His buddy said Freddy had problems packing a ball in his pistol and when Freddy looked inside to see what was the matter he must have accidently-like had his finger on the trigger or the wind blew hard and pulled the trigger and there went 'ole Freddy's poor head.

A keg will be tapped in his honor and all his shootin buddies are invited. Bring your pistols and rifles and plenty of powder, we's plannin on having a real big bang in honor of our good friend and teacher Freddy-the-flintlocker."

Oh mercy... I wouldn't be surprised... :rotf:

Truly, that video is an embarassement!! :nono:

Well, judging from the way he was talking, I would say perhaps he had a few beers before they started the tape.... :nono:

In addition to his dangerous loading methods, he is also in danger of getting a broken rammer through the hand.

If he survives his pending accident, he will probably then be of the opinion that blackpowder is 'dangerous'.... :redface:

HOlY FECES, prime the pan after the main charge you goober, and preferably without the hammer at full cock. Mein Gott en Himmel!

I guess he wanted ta prime it AND COCK IT first so he wouldn't ferrgitt...

No, that sorta has to come flying out fast when you see something that stupid. I just channelled mein Oppa yelling. Mein Gott du sheisskapff.

I thought that the Coup d'gras was the fact that they could not find where the shot hit...

Back