• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How much is too much

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Cormier

50 Cal.
Reaction score
My wife is apparently right. She has been trying for year's to tell me I have way too much muzzleloading stuff. As one of the club's I shoot with are going to have a couple woods walks coming up. They are all out of the pouch with the guns r/r. So I start gathering stuff up to be ready. Then for the first time in 35 year's had all my STUFF in one pile LOL.
1. 7 flintlocks 1 percussion
2. 10 shooting bags
3. 12 powder horns 3 priming horns
4. 5 brass primers
5. 15 antler and brass powder measures.
A Speer box full of jags worms patch pullers and all the other stuff ya need.
3 range boxes
Metal range rods for for each gun.
Last time I was at Dixon's bought a doz replacement hickory rods.
Have a bunch of roofing lead with every thing needed to cast r/b for all the guns.
As when I started this morning was just checking to see if I needed to make up some round ball. I had absolutely no idea I hade this much amount of stuff .
As I had this stuff on the work bench my lovely wife came out to bring me a coffee she looked around. Did that one hand on cocked hip thing she does and said all of this stuff and you can only shoot one at a time. :surrender:

sounds like ya got a pretty good start so, when do ya get to the part where ya have too much stuff? :stir:

How many shoes does she have? And how many can she wear at one time? :stir:

PS - be sure you have a buddy with a spare bed before asking. :grin:

Me too, so far I've had to build two new gun racks and still have some standing in corners. As far as "stuff" every once in a while I will find a box that I had forgot I had and it's like Christmas all over again. As far as the wife goes I'm lucky because she will say "lets go shoot". Love that gal.

You call that a pile. We call it a nice little start.

You have 12 powder horns, and only 8 long arms. Do I really need to spell it out for you?

too much gun stuff is like the old country song about too much money- no such thing!

I would have to ask how many ear rings or shoes etc. does she have...
:grin:

Dan

I always get the ole, "well how would you feel if I did that to one of your guns" routine, if I break a dish or bump into something in the house.
My answer is," I've never , ever, asked you to wash my guns before"! :rotf:
Fat lot of good it does me! :rotf:

Naaah, No way is that too much.
My moto is, 'He who dies with the most toys wins" so I have a roller doored lock up metal shed that is 9 metres wide 3.6 metres high x 27 metres long, full of all sorts of toys & hobbies. Y' know, the darned thing gets smaller inside by the day. The outside still looks the same so this puzzles me.
My wife seems to know what the problem is. She says its me :td: . I still think that it is the shed. It needs to be longer.

I see the problem......
7 flintlocks 1 percussion
10 shooting bags

8 guns 10 bags....buy two more guns :idunno:

I look at it this way, I've made about 360 mortgage payments, and really who's the dang house for anyway? Who picks the carpet, drapes, color we paint it. So I spend all that money every month on what makes her happy & maybe buy myself one gun every 3 or 4 years. Oh sure, I live in the house too, but she can shoot [strike]any[/strike] Welllll some of my guns if she wants :wink:

Kennyc said:
My wife is apparently right. She has been trying for year's to tell me I have way too much muzzleloading stuff. As one of the club's I shoot with are going to have a couple woods walks coming up. They are all out of the pouch with the guns r/r. So I start gathering stuff up to be ready. Then for the first time in 35 year's had all my STUFF in one pile LOL.
1. 7 flintlocks 1 percussion
2. 10 shooting bags
3. 12 powder horns 3 priming horns
4. 5 brass primers
5. 15 antler and brass powder measures.
A Speer box full of jags worms patch pullers and all the other stuff ya need.
3 range boxes
Metal range rods for for each gun.
Last time I was at Dixon's bought a doz replacement hickory rods.
Have a bunch of roofing lead with every thing needed to cast r/b for all the guns.
As when I started this morning was just checking to see if I needed to make up some round ball. I had absolutely no idea I hade this much amount of stuff .
As I had this stuff on the work bench my lovely wife came out to bring me a coffee she looked around. Did that one hand on cocked hip thing she does and said all of this stuff and you can only shoot one at a time. :surrender:

Well I have heard it said that if you know how many guns you have,.....you don't have enough.

My wife has said, on occasion, that I have too many boomsticks. I say I'm just getting started.

She loves shoes and jewelry. There isn't a birthday, anniversary, christmas goes by that I'm not buying her something for her jewelry collection.

So when she starts telling me I've got enough guns and stuff for them, I tell her she has enough jewelry and shoes and I'll start buying her things to clean the house with. She sees the error of her ways and clams up about my shooting collection.

Ya gotta fight fire with fire. Know their habits and weaknesses. :thumbsup:

Just remember, never put the phrase "too much" and "muzzleloading stuff" in the same sentence. When you do, it forms what is called an "Oxymoron". :grin:

Easier to define "not enough."

You don't have enough guns if you drag a new one into the house and it gets noticed.

Safety in numbers is my rule. If my wife doesn't recognize one I'm handling, I can truthfully say I got it a while back....

Whether "a while back" means and hour ago or a year ago. :rotf:

Back