• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How much blood is to much?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squib load

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Iam beginning to know how cutfingers got his name.I just stuck myself again.Can I charge more for all this extra bleeding?Iam almost finished with this bag,if my hands hold out.Squib

:haha:
Welcome to the club.
I've come to the conclusion that a project just isn't done right till I leave a little DNA on it as evidence I was the one that actually did it,

I've found that a blood sacrifice is necessary to the craftsman gods. Nothing will go right till you bleed..

I only wish I knew how many gallons I've given to them.. :rotf:

"Handmade" doesn't just mean you made it by hand.....it also refers to how much "hand" you sacrificed during the making of something. A significant part of the makeup of charges for items you make are the cost of bandages, pliers to remove needles from your fingers, super glue to close cuts, paper towels to mop up blood, burn ointment, etc. Hang in there and those costs will go down over time.
:shocked2: :grin:

fwiw, dull needles hurt more than sharp ones, and it's pretty tricky to get bloodstains out of maple.

Don't ask me how i know :redface: :redface: :redface:

wisdom comes with experience, and experience comes form error. (that's in my list of profound stuff which i really didn't make up, but saying junk like this makes you sound really smart.)

:blah:

After 50 yrs. of working with sharp pointy tools went to have fingerprints and was asked what had happened to my fingers. There must be a Gazillion little scars on my fingers. IMHO There are two kinds of leatherworkers those who have stabbed, cut or sewin their fingers or those who will.

My hubby was sewing some fairly thick stuff the other night and put the needle nicely through his thumb.

I loved how he held it up for me to look at. :shake:

I did that, sewed my thumb to a motorcycle seat. Somehow went right over the bone. Pulling the thread out hurt more than the puctures.

LOL its called bleeding for your art LOL. Welcome to the club gents, gee I wish I had a dollar for every drop I've shed over the years hehehe, might even be able to retire early hehehe

Well it looks like I have plenty of company when it comes to the walking wounded.I have found out that the mark of the best bag maker is someone that knows how to hide his mistakes.I have become an expert at it.Iam making the bandaid company rich.Squib

My wife used to say " you always put your blood into your work.."---I too usually cut, pinch, abrade or smash myself at some stage of the program. I try to get it over with at the first available moment......"lefty"---a/k/a "Doc"

Back