How many shoot bp only?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Semisane

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I eat beef, pork, poultry and seafood. Why would I limit my recreation to only one flavor?

Whitworth

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
Mostly Black these days, a little metallic for defense practice and a rimfire little amusement. Cap and ball revolvers take care of the multi shot itch and rifles other than the Whitworth aren't all that slow to reload. Besides now days sending $30+ ammo downrange in one magazine in a minute horrifies me 😅 I bought way back when it was cheap but know what I shoot now would have to be replaced at $1 to $2 a popo_O. I sold my 2 NRA Service Rifle. match guns because of lack of use. More to follow as the Black powder collection grows and needs room:thumb:

TexiKan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Have been and only shoot black powder since 1973. I have not found the need to expand beyond the hobby and likewise, I have only a couple of BP guns. I have belonged to a black powder club since 1976 or so and shoot at our range each month.

Banjoman

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have thought many times that only 1 or 2 guns is all that are needed. I only shoot a couple of them regularly anyway.

Hawken1980

40 Cal
Reaction score
I primarily shoot BP. Outside of concealed carry and occasionally shooting some tanerite I have no interest in modern stuff

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone should present their concealed carry snub nosed Dance revolver with slender grips.

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, I don't hunt any more for entertainment but if you want some really excessive black powder knock down, anchoring, DRT or whatever kids call it now, all you need is a medium length muzzle loading rifle with 0.458" bore diameter and proper rifling. Ignore that platinum nipple stuff and eat hearty.