• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How many shoot bp only?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly Black these days, a little metallic for defense practice and a rimfire little amusement. Cap and ball revolvers take care of the multi shot itch and rifles other than the Whitworth aren't all that slow to reload. Besides now days sending $30+ ammo downrange in one magazine in a minute horrifies me 😅 I bought way back when it was cheap but know what I shoot now would have to be replaced at $1 to $2 a popo_O. I sold my 2 NRA Service Rifle. match guns because of lack of use. More to follow as the Black powder collection grows and needs room:thumb:

Have been and only shoot black powder since 1973. I have not found the need to expand beyond the hobby and likewise, I have only a couple of BP guns. I have belonged to a black powder club since 1976 or so and shoot at our range each month.

I have thought many times that only 1 or 2 guns is all that are needed. I only shoot a couple of them regularly anyway.

What about your concealed carry gun if you have one. All of my BP revolvers are way too big.

When it comes to concealed carry, a 3" snubby comes in handy.
DL

Attachments

• IMG_3691 (2018-09-17T18_48_44000) (2019-04-19T07_54_52.000).jpg
    IMG_3691 (2018-09-17T18_48_44000) (2019-04-19T07_54_52.000).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 36
I primarily shoot BP. Outside of concealed carry and occasionally shooting some tanerite I have no interest in modern stuff

By the way, I don't hunt any more for entertainment but if you want some really excessive black powder knock down, anchoring, DRT or whatever kids call it now, all you need is a medium length muzzle loading rifle with 0.458" bore diameter and proper rifling. Ignore that platinum nipple stuff and eat hearty.

Back