• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many Senica barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many barrels are made for the Senica? I know of a .36 and .45. Is there also a .32 and a shotgun barrel? What is the shotgun barrel and how hard to find are they? Are they hard on the stock? Is .32 easy to find?

The Seneca was available in .32, .36, and .45.

The .45 and the .36 rifles usually bring about 500-550.

A .32 caliber Seneca can sell between 600 & 900, due to the scarcity.

On Gunbroker a couple years ago, a like-new T/C .32 Seneca Rifle with the box and and literature, closed at about a grand.

So, you can figure at least a 1/3 or more of those values for barrels, depending on condition.

32, 36 and 45 as stated above. The 32s are very scarce I paid 1,000.00 for one in mint condition and it took two years to find a nice one. Still looking for a really nice 45 barrel to finish my 3 barrel set. I also have a 32, 36 and 45 Cherokee 3 Barrel set that took me a while the find the 36 barrel.

How many barrels are made for the Senica? I know of a .36 and .45. Is there also a .32 and a shotgun barrel? What is the shotgun barrel and how hard to find are they? Are they hard on the stock? Is .32 easy to find?

IF you find a Seneca or a Cherokee with a barrel in smoothbore, or an extra barrel in smoothbore, then you either have an old barrel TC barrel that was reamed to convert it to smoothbore, or an after market barrel. There's a fellow that I've not seen in a few years, but folks at the range tell me from time to time "Ya just missed him" and he had such a setup for his Cherokee..., a .45 a .36 and a .410 smooth barrel that was once a .36 but the previous owner roached it out by improper cleaning. So it was bought and sent away to have it reamed smooth. Sure wish he'd sell the "gun system" to me. ;)

LD

Latest posts

Back