• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How does this compare with your state?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barney

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got my new application book for Wyoming.

Deer $35
Doe/fawn $23 each for up to 2
Conservation stamp $10.50
Archery $13

No muzzleloader license here, hunt with the other rifles, but if I want to bowhunt for 1 deer---$58.50 :shocked2:

Now if we add in the moose-$95
elk- $47
antelope- $31

Not complaining just comparing. I can see where some think it's getting to be a rich mans sport.

pa lic is 20.00
res bear stamp is 16.00
res archery stamp is 16.00
res muzzle loader stamp is 11.00
res doe lic is 6.00 each at 3 possible
and you have res DMAP tags at 6.00 the same as doe tag avalibilty....
alll fer bout 90.00 bucks if ya get all fer the year..................bob

Oregon comb hunt &fish licens Resedent 43.75
just hunting lic 22.50
Bear tag 11.50, Couger 11.50, Deer general season 19.50, Elk general 34.50, Antelope 36.50,Rocky mt goat 101.50, turkey 18.50 each. each controlled hunt app for a drawming 4.50. There is a clam & ceab tag. All resedent prices.

N.Y. $68 resident,, includes fishing,spring and fall turkey, small game, bear tag, muzzleloading tag bowhunting tag reg season tag, and a chance at deer management permit for antlerless deer. S0... you can harvest 2 bucks and 3 doe(antlerless)but you can harvest either sex during bow and muzzleloading season (most areas) and all tags are good during last week of bow and muzzleloading season..and it gets a little confusing about number of antlerless you can take,some tags are either/or....all that and i had touble filling one..RC

To add to what RC stated for a NY resident sportsmans tag, you may if your a NY resident wan't to think about a lifetime sportsmans license.
For a child 0-4 $300.00
For a child 5-11 $420.00
For a person age 12-64 $600.00
For a person age 65 or over $50.00

I've had mine for 14 years now which was purchased for $500.00 when I bought it. It has already paid for itself.

Maryland Hunting license is c. $25 /year and allows modern weapons use on most anything ( with some restrictions, of course ).

Add $6 for Bowhunting, $6 for Muzzleloader Deer, and $6 for "Bonus Antlered Deer" stamps. Realistically, for about $38 you can hunt all year for almost anything but Waterfowl. Those stamps are like another $25 I think - don't know, won't shoot birds.

The reason for the "Bonus Deer" stamp is - if you wish you can try to take 2 antlered Deer per year, you just have to pay another $6 to be eligible. However you can take 10 (ten) Does in each season (bow, ML and "Shotgun") on the license. No one ever does, but it's a bargain. Unfortunately it indicates just how badly we're being overrun by Deer in MD.

Kentucky has what they call a Sportsman's License, available to residents only. It covers everything from fishing, trout stamp, turkey permit spring and fall, deer tags and migratory bird. Only thing that I can think of that it doesn't cover would be an Elk tag should you be lucky enough to be drawn - which is $35.00. A Sportsman's License will set you back $80.00

In Illinois;

Resident hunting license...$7.50
Archery deer permit...combo. 1 antlerless/1 either sex... $26.00
Fall archery turkey... $5.50
State Habitat Stamp... $5.50
State Waterfowl Stamp... $10.50
Federal Waterfowl Stamp... $15.00
Resident Firearm Deer Permit (Shotgun, muzzleloader, handgun)... $15.00 each
Spring Turkey... $15.00
Fall Firearm Turkey... $15.00
Muzzleloader rifle deer... $15.00
Late Winter Antlerless Deer... $15.00
One hunter may only take 2 antlered deer per year regardless of permits during all weapons seasons. Pretty much as many does as you want to buy tags for.

Florida
2 bucks a day and all the hogs you can shoot
2 gobblers during spring gobbler season

RESIDENT HUNTING LICENSES:

Gold Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Crawfish
permits)”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦...............................................”¦”¦........................... $83.50
Sportsman’s License (includes Hunting and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and
Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Turkey and Florida
Waterfowl permit).............”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦..............................”¦.......................... $67.50
Sportsman’s 64 or Older License (includes licenses and
permits in the Sportsman’s License)”¦.”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦...............”¦....................... $13.50
Five-Year Hunting (No permits included)”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦....................................”¦. $56.50
Annual Hunting ”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦”¦.......”¦...”¦”¦....................................... $12.50
Annual Hunting/Freshwater Fishing Combination”¦”¦”¦...................................... $23.50
Annual Hunting/Saltwater and Freshwater Fishing”¦”¦....................................”¦ $35.50
Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and
Fishing Certificate (65 or older) ”¦”¦........................................”¦.............”¦.. No Cost
Resident Disabled Person Hunting and
Fishing Certificate ”¦”¦............................”¦”¦”¦..................”¦”¦”¦...............”¦ No Cost

NONRESIDENT HUNTING LICENSES:
Annual Hunting”¦...................................................................................”¦$151.50
10-Day Hunting”¦”¦..................................................................................$46.50

PERMITS Annual Five-Year
(Residents only)
Wildlife Management
Area Permit (WMA) $26.50 $126.50
Archery Permit $5.00 $25.00
Muzzleloading Gun Permit $5.00 $25.00
Resident Turkey Permit $5.00 $25.00
Nonresident Turkey Permit $100.00
Florida Waterfowl Permit $3.00 $15.00
Migratory Bird Permit No Cost

RESIDENT AND NONRESIDENT TRAPPING LICENSE .........................................$26.50

Wow! Tennessee is looking expensive by comparison.

$28 combo fishing/small game/bird
Required in addition to other licenses.
$28 big game gun
$28 big game muzzleloader
$28 big game bow

So if you want to hunt deer all three seasons, it's $112. You have to buy the gun stamp even if you intend to hunt that portion of the season with ML or bow.

Also,
$31 waterfowl
$136 Annual sportman's license
$41 senior citizen permit
$251 non-resident big game

HistoryBuff

O.K. here's a total rundown, I think.

Mountain lion-$25, additional-$16

Black bear-$37

Game bird-$13

Small game-$13

Moose-$95

Bighorn sheep-$100

Mountain goat-$105

Antelope-$31 Doe/fawn-$23

Deer-$35 Doe/fawn-$23

Elk-$47 Cow/calf-$40

I may have missed something?

Here's the scoop for Nevada residents:

Combo hunting / fishing license: $54
Just hunting: $33

Mule deer: $30
Antelope: $60
Mtn Lion: $26
Bighorn sheep: $120
Mountain goat: $120
Elk: $120
Swan: $10
Turkey: $20

All of these tags (except lion and swan) are on a draw system. Drawing a bighorn sheep or mountain goat tag is practically a once-in-a-lifetime event. So what most people do is apply for a boat load of tags, in the hopes that they will get to hunt something.

For deer we have three seasons, and if you're lucky, you can get a tag for all of them: archery, muzzleloader, and "any legal weapon."

So how much it costs depends on just how lucky you are in the draw. You could get skunked and just pay your $33 for a hunting license, or you could get lucky in the draw and spend another $30 - $500 on tags.

Barney said:
O.K. here's a total rundown, I think.

Mountain lion-$25, additional-$16

Black bear-$37

Game bird-$13

Small game-$13

Moose-$95

Bighorn sheep-$100

Mountain goat-$105

Antelope-$31 Doe/fawn-$23

Deer-$35 Doe/fawn-$23

Elk-$47 Cow/calf-$40

I may have missed something?

I haven't looked this year but the elk License used to include fall black bear. I have moved back about a year ago and am looking forward to going after elk again.

For Alaska residents:

Hunting License: $25
State waterfowl stamp: $5
Brown/Grizzly bear tags: $25
Musk Ox Bull: $500 Nunivak Isl.
Musk Ox Cow $25 Nunivak Isl.
Musk Ox bull or cow $25 Nelson Isl.
Musk Ox for remainder of state: drawing or Tier II
Moose: Free
Caribou: Free
Sheep: Free
Sitka Black-tail: Free
Black bear: No tag required
Mt Goat: Drawing
Bison: Drawing
All drawing tags have a filing fee of $5 to $20 depending on species applied for.

For non-residents we stick it to them. :shocked2:

Wow, that almost makes me want to move to Alaska! I would never survive the winter / little light thing though.

One season makes you look forward to the next. It's no big thing just a matter of attitude.

I should add that in addition to the above tags, we also have registration hunts in certain areas for different species.
For example this past season in addition to my regular moose and caribou tags, I got a moose cow tag for an area south of Fairbanks where I could use either one or both of the tags on the same hunt.
I also had a registration caribou tag for an area north of Fairbanks where they were trying to increase the the caribou harvest. Esentially, in that area, I could have taken two caribou out of an area where only one is normally allowed.

Ugh. I just re-read the regs since our drawing is coming up soon.

It looks like I was wrong about the mule deer tags. You are only allowed one tag per year, unless you can get a special one, like landowner damage tag. :(

Back