• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How do you store your muzzleloaders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirFrancis

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’ve accumulated four muzzleloaders now. 3 are muskets with 42-46” barrels. Aside from leaning them in a corner what are some good options for storage? These things are big. I’ll probably add 2-3 more in the next year or two. How do you all store them?

All my firearms (except handguns) are stored muzzle DOWN!

Any excess oil in the bores, drain HARMLESSLY out the muzzle, onto a folded patch.

Ever notice those ugly streaks of stain on the wrist and comb of long arms in your local gun shop?

This is how I store mine.
IMG_1573[35] rack.JPG

Lightly oiled, sometimes hanging horizontally on the wall when I'm home, standing vertically in the sage if I'm not. Most are unloaded but one is kept loaded so I can take frequent trips around the farms.

Well I should get a safe,(knock on wood), but their all in the corner of a closet,
I ain't gonna leave'm in the kitchen or the living room. :dunno:
I haven't had a need to display,(aka; Advertise) my guns since I lived in Wyoming and left'm hang in the window rack of my pick-up truck.

Back