• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How do you store your flints?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my formula from a 103 year old Chief of the Washoe Tribe (that is pronounced 'Wha-she-shoe' not like the pale faces here say 'wash-show', foolish long hair can't speak correctly), he said he is old enough his father remembers the great Chard Bore Beatle infestation of 1800s, it brought the downfall of many great tribes when arrowheads and rifle flints began to shatter....I asked his father and he confirmed the stories. So my method is pretty sound!

As for "Do I name them?"; only the ones that tickle my fancy, the rest I just call Jane, they know who they are.

Btw; I made my own carrier for those not in storage, more of a Tool Roll then a 'wallet'... the feathers, well we will just call them Chard Bore Beatle Swatters for now 😉
"Great minds, eh?"

Sadly, there are those who will read no further and actually believe flints can spoil. Maybe they can. After a few thousand centuries.
Then that, sir, will be a good Life Lesson in 'Paying Attention', 'Read Through like you Follow Through (when shooting), and 'Don't Believe Everything You Read' (especially if you don't read it.

Yup, some just have to learn the hard way, life sucks.

Attachments

• 3811C7BD-E615-47A4-BC0C-11EA6927FDA1.jpeg
    3811C7BD-E615-47A4-BC0C-11EA6927FDA1.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • A816128D-A0CF-46A3-83E5-20704982C85A.jpeg
    A816128D-A0CF-46A3-83E5-20704982C85A.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
I keep mine in a plastic sandwich bag. However last Saturday, shooting in the members only contest, I fired a few rounds, looked down and realized my flint had fallen out. Looked all over, couldn't find it. Went to my shooting box to get a new one, realized I left the sandwich bag full of flints on my reloading bench. Packed up, went home with a loaded smoothbore, picked up the bag, then back to the range to finish out my string.

Back