• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How do you store your flints?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small flint wallet that holds three:

4CF52710-56C3-49D8-8A3C-08C22B671BE0.jpeg

Curious how others keep their extras.

The flint wallet is one I made that stays in my possibles bag.

The storage box I bought a couple of years ago at Hobby Lobby in the raw (cheaper than I could have built it) and I stained and finished it.
a really nice flint wallet! and have to agree with you on the box! it is great! I would have never have went to there to look for that great box.

One of those 7 day plastic pill boxes with one flint in each of the first five compartments and one pre-cut leather pad in each of the last two. The spares at home are just kept in the zip-lock bag they came in.

When I bought the bulk of my flinter from a gent on this board a decade or so ago, they came in a paper, plastic coated blue folder. They are still in there.

I keep a few in a flint wallet, some more in a plastic jar and the rest are still in the ground, up behind the barn whenever I need them.

Back