How do you equip different guns? (For the field)

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Griz44Mag

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you would take the sink you could clean at the range:rolleyes::rolleyes:
LOL, well, I do start the cleaning at the range by giving the barrel a good wiping with MAP followed with some MMC. That way I can delay final deep clean for a day and not feel guilty of sacrilege. On final cleaning it is more detail and wood etc....
My range trips are not hurried.

Realwarrior

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I build a bag and accouterments for each gun. If I wasn't building them myself, I would have one bag (haversack) with all tools for ALL and bags and a shooting/hunting pouch to put things in for that gun, for that hunt. But I would keep everything in the haversack so that I wouldn't forget something that I needed. Luckily I can build my own bags and stuff and I know which bag goes with which gun.

brewer12345

40 Cal
Reaction score
Range trips get dealt with via a duffel with all the stuff for all the guns. For hunting, I really only need at most two bags, a big game bag and a small game bag. I made up a very simple belt pouch out of elk leather that I prefer to a shoulder bag. That is where all the shooting stuff goes. The rest goes in the usual pack that I use for modern firearm hunting of all kinds as well as ML hunting.

Latest posts

Group Builder