• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you eat them

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nasty bugs are on the outside. Clean your eggs shells first and your sunny side up will be fine
tenngun:
I have an old farming buddy, who has a saying about sunny side up eggs. He always says" I want my snot cooked." He won't eat them either. I don't care how "safe" people say they are, you only need to have your stomach pumped ONCE to NOT ever want to eat them again! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
God bless:
Two Feathers

When the sauce pan of grits are almost done a handful of cheddar cheese is stirred in, when that’s melted an egg or two is broken. dumped in, yolk broken and gentle stirred in until cooked. Ladled in a bowl a little butter and some salt and pepper. Grits become nice and fluffy.
At 80 years of age and southern born I have never and intend to never ever put milk sugar or any other sweetness into my grits.
That’s what cream of wheat or oatmeal is for. 😁

tenngun:
You just described Polenta. If you take that hasty pudding and pour it into a greased bread loaf pan and stick in the fridge for about 2 hours or a day, you can slice it then fry it. I make Polenta every week out of Bob's Red Mill coarse ground corn meal. It tastes better than the store bought tubes of it, plus you can flavor yours up. I use Garlic and onions in mine. You need to dust it lightly with flour befiore you fry it or you'll have a heck of a time with it! Fry it lightly in butter. Not much better eatin', maybe Scrapple? :~))))
Two Feathers
Love polenta, though as I grew up it was mush, and fried mush, slices from a cold loaf was a breakfast treat

Kiss my grits!
From the web:
kiss my grits Meaning with definition is: A nice way of saying "eff you." Its a spin on the phrase "kiss my a**", written into a TV show from the 80s called "Alice". The saying was usually preceded by the name "Mel" who was the owner of the diner where Flo, the waitress who made the saying famous, worked.

Bigger question, is grits singular or plural?
Buy a box or a bag, open the container, dump contents on kitchen table. Post your answer to your question here.
I was raised eating scrapple & now many decades later I live down south where they’ve never heard of it & I miss it several times a week
Souse meat or hog head cheese down here but no liver or heart taste. The scrapple I tried had an over powering liver taste and aroma that crushed my desire to pursue it any further.

Buy a box or a bag, open the container, dump contents on kitchen table. Post your answer to your question here.

Souse meat or hog head cheese down here but no liver or heart taste. The scrapple I tried had an over powering liver taste and aroma that crushed my desire to pursue it any further.
If I open a box of oatmeal and pour it on the table, shouldn't I have oatmeals? After all, I don't have just one piece of oat, there is a whole box full.

I had grits for breakfast this morning
My wife got up a little later and asked what I had. She usually chooses something different
But she thought grits sounded real good
So I made hers.
Mine, grits a little butter, some cheese, pepper flakes and ground hot pepper
Her
Grits, butter,sugar and milk
Do you like your grits savory or sweet?
exactly the way you said, have you tried blueberrys in them

jim bowie, in post # 94, seems to be the only one on this thread that likes grits the way that most folks, including me, eat 'em-grits with butter and salt. I do like to add black pepper. I've spent my life in Virginia, Maryland and Alabama and usually grits are a breakfast side. I do know folks that like cheese grits and most of us have heard of the Low Country shrimp and grits.

Now I have a friend from South Alabama that will fix his grits with butter and granulated beef bouillon. I've tried 'em and it is also good. But grits are very versatile and you can fix then any way you want. :)

To me, nothing beats a good Southern breakfast of scrambled aigs, sausage or bacon, and biscuits and sawmeal gravy!

Back