• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you carry your muzzleloader pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkasprzak

40 Cal
Reaction score
I just completed my Trapper Pistol kit and want to figure out how to carry it while I’m hunting to be used as a back up if necessary. I thought I would reach out to the forum and see how others carry their pistols. Thanks in advance… ~DK

Actually I carry my muzzle loading pistol in a box. I do't carry mine hunting,but if I did I would use a holster rather than tucking it in my belt.

October country muzzleloaders has a holster that fits my lyman plains pistol just right.
20220120_081245.jpg
9mmshould work for your trapper

Tucked in your belt looks cool in the movies but I don't think I'd trust that method for several reasons. I like that holster from The Leatherman. If you're comfortable stitching leather, that looks like it would be pretty easy to make.

I have a couple of the Leatherman holster, it work just fine for my Charles Moore percussion pistol, but not so well for my Charles Moore Flintlock, I also have a custom made flintlocks, 5" Bbl and it doesn't like the holster either

I made a frog similar to the Leatherman and it works OK, but the general consensus is they were tucked in the belt or sash. Which is why I no longer carry one to an event or reenactment. They are a pain in the butt to maintain and keep up with!!!, especially when doing work. Which totally explains why few surveyors carried them. @Einsiedler told me this much, but being a new "Farbalicous" player I didn't listen. :doh:
If I had a horse I would have a pommel holster/bucket. Now, I can see carrying one if I new there was imminent contact or while on duty as a sentry. Otherwise it stays at home or in my tent.

RM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back