• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Daniel Day-Lewis became Hawkeye.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice the plastic item stuck inside his shirt at 5:30 mark. Try as I may, I can not tell if its HC plastic. Its blue just above his belt line where his shirt splits.

Rich, I think the item you are referencing to me looks like the outer edge of a wampum belt.Lots of interesting info on that video, one of my favorite frontier movies.

the movie made you want to be part of that point and period in time!! GOD, it made you feel as though you were there!.

The training, choreography, the soundtrack, and the acting, all came together to make a great movie. One of the few movies I've found that was much better than the book. When I went to read Cooper's Last of the Mohicans, and then The Deerslayer, I struggled with the old verbiage, and never finished the complete Leatherstocking Tales to my chagrin.

We could run on for pages of what’s histoicly wrong in this movie. It don’t matter to me, for all the ‘silk, another forty yards’ moments I think this was one of the greatest frontier epics ever put on film. Acting was good, but the cinematography was one of the most artistic accomplishments on film. It’s entertaining if you just watched it without sound.

Well this post inspired me to watch the film. When I first read the post / watched the link, I intended to ask my wife to rent it, darned if she didn't find it in the bargain bin at the most infamous of box stores. I watched it for the 1st time a week or so ago and watched it a couple times since. $4 well spent in my opinion.

As a slight aside here... :( While I'm not overly concerned with HC'ness, some things bother me a bit. For example, while I really enjoy this movie, Hawkeye's rifle does not seem correct for the time or area in which the movie is set.

Am I correct in that feeling? :confused:

Back