• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How da You Like Your Howdah?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a blast with mine. Only had it a couple of months but man is it fun to shoot AND it takes very little power to do a good good job. (20 grns) BUT it has an 18 to 19 pound trigger pull according to my scale. Has anyone done or can tell me who to contact that can reduce it to a 3 to 4 pound pull???? And of course thanks for letting me in here guys.
UPDATE: I have found a gunsmith and he is only 35 minutes away, which is good for Vermont. I just dropped it off with him. AND A CORRECTION: I don't know where my mind was but the trigger pull is 8 - 9 pounds, not 18 - 19. Sorry bout dat.

The Pedersoli doubles have trigger sear springs of 2 different strengths/weights. One barrel is fired while the other (heavier) spring holds the hammer at full-cock throughout the firing of the first barrel.
I tried to "fix" this issue with mine and ended up wasting $50 and 6months waiting on Pedersoli to send me another tiny over-powered(priced) spring. Luckily the Kodiak and Howdah use some of the same springs.

Also never let a piece of birdshot fall into the ramrod hole during loading. Many times I have had this make the hammer not catch the sear during cocking, and I have read of broken sear springs from shot entering the lock, down the ramrod hole.

Good tip freedom474, I'm sure there will be a time when I use bird shot and will make sure I'm careful. Right now though, all of my shooting is using .600 round ball so I can get it (and me) ready for competition at a rendezvous this weekend.. But the big news, for me anyway, is that I got the gun back today. NEXT DAY repair ! Now it's a 7 1/2 lb trigger BUT he took almost all the creep out. It feels like a 3-4 lb. I'm really liking it. I just picked it up, was tired when we got home from a full day out and I've had a drink so, I won't break my biggest rule and will wait until tomorrow before I burn some powder but man am I looking forward to it. I have to brag on my new gunsmith, if you are in the Randolph area of Vermont and need a good one, look up The Village Smithy in E. Randolph, I highly recommend him.

8-9 pounds isn't a deal breaker, I could live with that. It's a shotgun after all, not a target pistol.

I was thinking about the Pedersoli 20/20 Howdah today. They sure are pretty. Does anyone own one? Do they have a practical function? Thanks
I was thinking about the Pedersoli 20/20 Howdah today. They sure are pretty. Does anyone own one? Do they have a practical function? Thanks
Itā€™s alright - that pistolā€™s been floating around in my dreams ever since i saw The Ghost and the Darkness. Somebody here (Big Sky?) had one for sale a while back, maybe yours, and i held off on the 20x20, wanting the 50x50.
I purchased mine about a year ago. I too was keen on purchasing a 50/50 but couldnā€™t find anyone carrying that caliber. Finally purchased a flint lock 20/20 . Glad I did, because I have the option of ball, buck and ball, or just buck loads. The most handsome gun I own, and lots of fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 318CFCEB-92E6-4F23-8781-5966C6903DDF.jpeg
    318CFCEB-92E6-4F23-8781-5966C6903DDF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • F65B8DE7-2964-4330-B82E-2300E68958A0.jpeg
    F65B8DE7-2964-4330-B82E-2300E68958A0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I purchased mine about a year ago. I too was keen on purchasing a 50/50 but couldnā€™t find anyone carrying that caliber. Finally purchased a flint lock 20/20 . Glad I did, because I have the option of ball, buck and ball, or just buck loads. The most handsome gun I own, and lots of fun to shoot.
That's purty.

You got the flint version!!!! I am green with envy!!!!

PS Donā€™t forget birdshot loads.

Back