• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How da You Like Your Howdah?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkabout

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Pedersoli 20/20 Howdah today. They sure are pretty. Does anyone own one? Do they have a practical function? Thanks

I've seen them, but I'm more interested in the Pedersoli SxS 20 ga flintlock shotgun. Their standard shotgun in flintlock can be had for the same money as the Howda. Their deluxe shotgun is a couple of hundred more.

I LOVE my Pedersoli 20x20 howdah. Pedersoli knocked these out of the park with fit, finish and function. Practical? It does shoot well enough to take care of some chores but for me this is for blasting things up close and cuddling with after it’s been cleaned. While I’ve only fired maybe 10 shots so far, this gun is never being sold. I can add pics if you want to see it more.

30E2E178-E959-40C6-9499-A433270CBECB.jpeg8BCC5C05-7E7B-46F5-A6D7-4C607EDB44D8.jpeg708C1B26-FD2E-4BC6-8793-2EF878B00D60.jpeg84E85E97-3F2E-434B-BACD-6DBE83739ACE.jpegF1794719-97F4-49D3-9C24-8D2EF9076092.jpeg2F57F1D4-EEA7-4B56-9985-EB18CA42DA3A.jpeg

It’s alright - that pistol’s been floating around in my dreams ever since i saw The Ghost and the Darkness. Somebody here (Big Sky?) had one for sale a while back, maybe yours, and i held off on the 20x20, wanting the 50x50.

They are nice pistols, but not many lions or tigers where I am at, as for home defence I will stick to my 870 riot gun a few well placed auto pistols, and the one on my hip. Fun to play with I bet but when the rubber hits the road I perfer to be a bit more prepared.

Well, besides the movie-cuddling, i’ve been carrying a GPP in my pack on a deer stand in case a hormone-crazed buck stumbles past within 10 yards. Blooding a howdah would make me practically a war chief around the council fire that night. Several beverages would only help establish my fame!

Who am i kidding - i know these guys… and so do y’all.

don

Hickock45 has a pretty good Youtube vid of him playing with one if you want to see them in action. I handled one at Dixie gun works and couldn't figure out how to hold it so my stubby finger could reach the front trigger. It's made for somebody with bigger hands than I have!

Hickock45 has a pretty good Youtube vid of him playing with one if you want to see them in action. I handled one at Dixie gun works and couldn't figure out how to hold it so my stubby finger could reach the front trigger. It's made for somebody with bigger hands than I have!
Yeah, I've seen it several times.

I will say, if you use it two-handed, one hand on the fore grip, that MIGHT help with that. I shot it both ways.

Watch the Hickok45 vid and, all the whole, this seemed like a good idea, prior as a companion for the smoothbore.

Chasing mushrooms would take an additional two-fold dimension: I think the dumb Grouse would be intimidated, while the smart ones wouldn’t expect the Plan B

I was thinking about the Pedersoli 20/20 Howdah today. They sure are pretty. Does anyone own one? Do they have a practical function? Thanks
I am having a blast with mine. Only had it a couple of months but man is it fun to shoot AND it takes very little power to do a good good job. (20 grns) BUT it has an 18 to 19 pound trigger pull according to my scale. Has anyone done or can tell me who to contact that can reduce it to a 3 to 4 pound pull???? And of course thanks for letting me in here guys.

Back