• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How could you NOT want one???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
cannon.jpg

I bet they wet their bedrolls that night, playing with all that fire! :redface: :eek: :: Awesome! :master: :master: I love yellow flame. :thumbsup: :applause: :winking:
God bless.
volatpluvia

As a child, an antique store down the street from me had a cannon for $119.95. I had the $ but my father refused to let me buy it. The barrel alone is worth $20k and I suffer from cannon envy to this day. Talk about childhood trauma. :cry:

My best friend Rick built one 20 years ago ( ship board type ) and we have fired it several times from the back of his pickup truck. Soon after he finished it, I bought the materials for him to build a second one for me... it has been a running joke since then every time he comes over.
" so Rick, how's the cannon coming along...?" " Should be done any time now" he says :crackup:

Them be pros! Look at the crouch on the loader!! He's done that a time or two!!! Arrgh!!!! Just wait til it mis-fires though and he has to step in between the tube and the wheel and reach across for the pick and all he time praying, "Please God, don't let it go off now! Please God, don't let it go odd now! Please God,....!" :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Mighty rough on the trees too as you can well see but wee-dogiees, is it fun!!!!! Now if you love the smell of sulfur smoke in the morning, that's the way to get a real lung full! A 4 ounce boom-off in the grey dawn will roll all the PBI out or their bell tents!! Better than all the buglers in the army! The cavalry will be none too happy about it either...spoil-sports!!

Yel it's about $20 a shot in powder......looks like they are shooting just powder.........the wheels are chocked in the rear..........about 3 weeks ago I crewed a 6 pounder and we were shooting ball or canister, the gun recoiled about 5 feet.......john........

Ever since my daughter was born ten months ago I have been saying I want one before she is old enough to date. I figure the new boyfriend :curse: will came over and I'll blow up a Buick or something. :eek: Then I'll explain my little girl will be home at ten sober and unmolested. Any questions? I don't want to be subtle, something's just shouldn't be left open to interpretation. :crackup:
By God I want a cannon!
P.S. How much powder do you think that takes?

I put the photo on my computer as backdrop , What a sight!!.Now if I had that for a 3 x 5 card

:master:

I saw on the learning channel where they sling pianos in the air with a humounges catapult in England.....guess a mans got to make do when one can't get gun powder.......also saw them sling little cars.......john.......

A full size cannon, perhaps a full pound of Fg will do for a charge...

A single, one pound can of black powder provides for several loads in a artillery sized cannon or one with a 3 inch bore, 66 inches long and weighing some 750 pounds.

cannon.jpg

A full size cannon, perhaps a full pound of Fg will do for a charge...

cannon.jpg
From another thread, I learned a cannon can use about a pound of powder. Not a cheap hobby artillery! :eek:
Does it matter the size i.e. 3 Lber v. a 12?

How much do the projectiles weigh? I am refering to cement filled beer cans and bowling balls. How do they compare to more traditional projectiles of the same bore?

These are just to cool! :crackup:

Back