• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tabasco is also great on pork rinds.....and I've been known to eat saltines with nothing but tabasco on them....
Vinegar is also a great condiment.

I don't know if this is still true, but British infantry or Royal Marines would trade well for a bottle of Tobasco, as they used curry powders for their boring rations, and even that became boring.

But that was back before a tiny bottle of Tobasco started showing up in MRE's...well the ones we "liberated" from Army Airborne units cross training at Camp Lejeune anyway had tiny bottles of Tobasco...

My current favorite is Sriracha, both squirt bottle and paste...though I have to be careful.

LD

Never tried Sriracha which is Asian, but I do remember the little glass bottles of Tabasco, plastic label you had to break when twisted open. So good on everything -- kinda got me hooked for while, but in moderation. They replaced these with packets of red pepper for a while, brought back the bottles again, but I think have done away with them again. I haven't pulled any MRE's for 2-1/2 years and didn't eat any.

Besides, I lost my appetite when they started making one of 12 "vegan" for our more sensitive soldiers.

Alden said:
I do remember the little glass bottles of Tabasco, plastic label you had to break when twisted open. ...brought back the bottles again, but I think have done away with them again.
They had them at World Market not too long ago.

The sauce with the best flavor to heat ratio that I have found is Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce made by Huy Fong Foods, Inc. You can now find it in most super markets. It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a green "twist to open" spout. It's hot but the flavor is great.

I like McIlhenny's smoked chipotle and green jalapeño sauces better then their tabasco, and find the latter especially good on hash browns and grits.
My go to is Secret Aardvark habanero sauce -- more flavor than heat.
I am not one to seek out additional Scoville Heat Units, however. Pepperoncinis out of a jar are about as adventurous as I care to get when eating peppers straight.

Yes, I do like Dave's Gourmet sauces. My son bought me an assortment and I really like all of them. :thumbsup:

Green jalapeno sauce and grits!? That really is making me sick to my stomach...

Back