• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daud Barry

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:surrender: I ve travelled a bit. I know what is spicy and what is man up. Got these buggers off a relative, and I cursed him for a scoundrel and an English man, they are habanero hot. Gonna dry them on string over the wood stove and use them sparingly. Anyone know what these bad boys ]are?

Sorry I'm a bit of a troglodyte, I'll get my 10 year old daughter to help me when she's free. seriously hot peppers tho!

I have some bhut jolokia peppers....dried and a bottle of sauce....The sauce has one of the best flavors I've ever tasted...but man are they hot....

Look like any of these at bottom of this post?...and notice habanero comes in at #10! These are the bad boys of the chilis world! The Scoville Heat Units referred to are a chart measuring the 'heat' of chili peppers. Bell Pepper is 0; jalapeno is around 5,000; tabasco and piquin are up to 50,000; habaneros are give or take 350,000...above that is insanity though the hottest known, the Carolina Reaper clocks in at 2,2000,000!! Hell fire by anyone's standards!!!! :shocked2: :redface: :shocked2:

If you can give a detailed description or better yet, photos of some kind, this job would be less confusing!
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/

Last edited by a moderator:
About the hottest that I've come into personal contact is the Ghost, which is about in the middle of the link you posted. Capsicum and I don't mix well, and I almost got transported to a hospital :shocked2: ... contact with the pepper was by accident btw... 50,000 scoville [cayenne] is about the max I can take.

LD

I can tolerate stale ground black pepper...

I have a fresh breakfast casidilla (sp?) made for me once in a while. It has jalapeno slices. They burn my tongue and numb my lips for hours... Why anyone wants that is beyond me (but I don't tell them to leave them out either).

Spicy hot junk has become a fad brought to the world by the lower classes, like bad tattoos and wearing pants prison-style, who preserved food with it and still cover up spoiled meat with the flavoring, as well as by internet "challenge" videos. It will fade eventually.

I like hot food and do the cooking. Over the years I've got my wife used to hotter foods then what she ate when we got married. However she was always telling me if I wanted it hotter I could just put tobassco on it. Its been near enough 30 years, but I dont think I have ever convinced her hot and flavorful wasn't the same thing.

I like tobassco, on most of what I eat, however there are other hot sauces I just dont care for. Taste not heat matters. And you cant just add a dash or two of hot sauce and get the flavor of a good cooked in pepper. A plain under spiced dish cant be made tasty by a few splases of hot sauce in your bowl.

colorado clyde said:
I put tabasco on popcorn....along with parmesean cheese.... :pop:

Tabasco belongs in two places, a dash or two in a bowl of seafood Gumbo, or a splash on a raw oyster served by a lady wearing orange short shorts and a short white tank top and sweet smile!.

All I get from Tabasco is an overwhelming flavor of vinegar but not much else. It rates at a "very mild" heat level in my book...

Tabasco is also great on pork rinds.....and I've been known to eat saltines with nothing but tabasco on them....
Vinegar is also a great condiment. :grin:

Latest posts

Back