• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hot Glue Bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t see the point in a black powder gun. Hot glue, wax, rubber or plastic in center fire pistols where the primer is the only propellant are handy training, practice or fun shooting for indoor or where safety and noise is a concern.
I spent the early months of 2020 doing just that on the Lanai of my Florida home. Then the bottom fell out of the primer industry. Any body interested in a few thousand wax 38 caliber bullets.😣

yes, @Whughett, I would be interested in those, actually...

yes, @Whughett, I would be interested in those, actually...
Oops sorry man that was kinda tongue in cheek.
Better days are coming for primers I’m sure.

They are readily available on line at the cowboys fast draw association. Service is fast and the price IMO is reasonable. FYI with the proper back stop the bullets they sell are reusable. Any down side comes with the necessity of drilling out the flash hole in the primer pocket.

Oops sorry man that was kinda tongue in cheek.
Better days are coming for primers I’m sure.

They are readily available on line at the cowboys fast draw association. Service is fast and the price IMO is reasonable. FYI with the proper back stop the bullets they sell are reusable. Any down side comes with the necessity of drilling out the flash hole in the primer pocket.

thanks, I will look for those to fire my Colt 1877 unmentionable Thunderer

any chance you might be willing to sell me just a few to test, though, before I order a vast quantity...?

any chance you might be willing to sell me just a few to test, though, before I order a vast quantity...?

Why mention something to not post about.

Time to get rid of.

Hello Zonie.

If using cartridges, drill out the primer flash hole larger to help but don't use those brass for other than glueletts after you drill.

Why gloolets? I’ve taken out more than one city rat with them, and they’re quieter than my pellet gun, which is illegal inside city limits.

Seems to me from your original post that you want to cast glue bullets to see what size bullet the mold will produce. I've not had a lot of experience casting but don't think that would work very well as even different alloys of lead will produce slightly different sized bullets. I don't see how a glue bullet could possibly come out the same size as a lead bullet, pardon me if I misunderstand the question.

Seems to me from your original post that you want to cast glue bullets to see what size bullet the mold will produce. I've not had a lot of experience casting but don't think that would work very well as even different alloys of lead will produce slightly different sized bullets. I don't see how a glue bullet could possibly come out the same size as a lead bullet, pardon me if I misunderstand the question.

You do understand the question. Size difference was my concern and I thought I would ask here on the infinitesimally small chance someone had actually tried what I was thinking about. I may give it a try anyway. Almost all my casting is with pure lead.

Size difference was my concern and I thought I would ask here on the infinitesimally small chance someone had actually tried what I was thinking about. I may give it a try anyway. Almost all my casting is with pure lead.

Well IF the bullet or ball is too big, maybe you can swage it onto the rifling and still get it to work ???

LD

Back