• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hot Glue Bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right up front I'm not interested in shooting any. I have several molds around that I've picked up here and there and never used. I know that one can cast a bullet using a hot glue gun but I wonder how dimensionally accurate the glue bullet is. If they didn't shrink or expand it would be easy to crank out a few from each mold and measure them. Have any of you ever tried it?

With all due respect, why don't you try your new idea on a bullet that was previously cast with a mould, and compare the lead one to the glue one using the same mould?

That should work but I've never cast using the molds in question and probably won't set up to cast again till spring. I could try it using one of the molds I used last as I have bullets to compare.

I'd much rather shoot a wax bullet like they do in fast draw competition. No worry about getting glue build-up in the bore and if the wax bullet is stuck in the barrel it will come out with a little heat or just pushed out with a cleaning rod - my two cents worth - ;) :thumb::ghostly:

Was wondering how well the hot glue would stick and after it was stuck how to get it out.
That's why use Pam or something else to prevent sticking or else it will stick good.

Some people use them to practice in their back yard or basement where you can use a regular load. I have also heard of people shooting pests like rats and such. It can be powerful enough to kill them.

I'm not trying to be a smart*** but please explain. I don't see any point to doing this.

Not necessarily with glue but not everyone lives where they can use lead willy-nilly. I could see something that would dry/cure to a hard near plastic could be used for low-power short range stuff, as a frangible bullet etc. for those that live in a non-free state like California. Having a lead-free option - even if just for plinking - is becoming important to some folk.

Can’t see the point in a black powder gun. Hot glue, wax, rubber or plastic in center fire pistols where the primer is the only propellant are handy training, practice or fun shooting for indoor or where safety and noise is a concern.
I spent the early months of 2020 doing just that on the Lanai of my Florida home. Then the bottom fell out of the primer industry. Any body interested in a few thousand wax 38 caliber bullets.😣

Back