• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hooked triggerguard sawhandle pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin B.

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am progressing on my build to make a sawhandle pistol. I have a triggerguard I do not like and think it might be trouble to install and would like to use a hooked triggerguard like shown below. However, I have trouble locating one. Does anyone know where to get it? If I cannot find one, I was thinking to cut one out of a block of aluminum and then plate it. Another thing is to draw one up in CAD and then 3D print it. Then, it could be used to make a mold and cast it. However, I have no means to cast it myself. Any suggestions? Thank you all for your input. Below some pics of my build and a sample of what I am trying to find.
1678032413134.png

Attachments

• 20230305_104157_resized.jpg
    20230305_104157_resized.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230305_104213_resized.jpg
    20230305_104213_resized.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 0
If you can provide a cad file someone with a plasma table should be able to cut one for you.

Thank you all for the inspiration. I will keep chipping away on this project. It will likely take another 3 month or so to finish this one up. I already want to start my next project which is a rifle in .45 cal. with mule ear lock but this one has to get finished first. Live is good!

Back