• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Hook Breech and tang for a 13/16" octagonal barrel, .45 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogrene

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is correct place to post this, since I'm only looking for a part.

I'm replacing the barrel on an old gun and want to install a hook breech and tang. I'm limited by the channel width of the stock. I've seen plenty for sale for 15/16" and 1" barrels.

Anybody have one they're willing to part with?

My old Track of the Wolf catalog only shows a couple of hook breech breech plugs in the 13/16" size and they are the Thompson Center style made for the Seneca and Cherokee rifles.

They offered two thread sizes for these. One is a 9/16-18. The other is a 5/8-18.

Back when Green Mountain was making muzzleloading barrels, their 13/16" barrels in .45 caliber had 5/8-18 threads in them.

Unfortunetly, TOW doesn't show either of the 13/16" TC plugs in their on line catalog.
If your barrel has the 5/8-18 threads in the breech you might call Track of the Wolf @ 763-633-2500 and ask them if they still have a breech plug numbered, "Plug-TC-13-5" in their back room. If your lucky, they might have one, assuming that is what you want.

If your very, very lucky, maybe one of our members will have one in his "parts" drawer?

Thanks, Zonie. The catalogs from Pecatonica and Muzzleloaders Builder Supply both list a hook breech in the size I'm looking for in the style of English fowlers. But both advise that they haven't been able to get them for a couple of years.

I'll give TOW a call as you suggest. Thanks again for checking.

Back