• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Homemade shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked on Amazon but couldn't find anything...must've not hit the right keys.

My bad, doesn't seem to be currently offered.

I tried rigging up something for my Lee bottom pour pot, It was a failure. Hope you have better luck than I did.

I'm reconsidering using the bottom pour pot. Maybe a small metal can or pot i can drill a hole, thread a small hollow bolt, maybe the kind like used in a radiator...the name escapes me, and a small metal ramp for the lead to roll down. I'm thinking if I start with a small exit hole, I can enlarge if needed.

Can someone with a "factory made" unit tell me how big is the hole and what size shot you're getting? That'll give me an idea.

We had a Littleton shot maker at the shop I had. Played with it for a year or more and the shot was good for trap or skeet but not worth 1/2 the cost of commercial. Lead finding was a problem and when we could get enough commercial shot was a better buy.

We bought shot delivered weekly by the distributor free trucking. They also delivered the wads,, Primers and powder uh no hazmat fees. either

Back