• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Home made snubby advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I always enjoy all the old cop shows from the 80s and such where the detectives are picking off the bad guys at about 75 yds. with their 2" snubbies.

And in her calculations, instinctive shooting has no, or little, value… that’s ok.

I’ve been an avid shooter for nearly 70 years. I do well enough with rifle and pistols. I suppose I might hit moving targets at 50 yards with the shortest pistol in the collection. (depending upon the size of the target) But when I practice, which is several times a week, I practice a method which enables me to hit reliably, consistently and quickly. It involves the use of the sights 99% of the time.

There are scenarios when a person might shoot from the hip, weapon retention drills, etc. etc. and if you find yourself in bad neighborhoods regularly or close quarters in dangerous places, you’ll be well advised to practice for those scenarios. I’m pushing 76 years pretty hard and the most dangerous people I run across are either Doctors or other old Vets down at the VA. Most of them were very dangerous at one time, now the most dangerous thing we do is try to top the others war stories… the first one don’t stand a chance. Most of the guys on this board seem to be in the same boat. Not likely to ever use a firearm in anger and thank God for that. Instinctive shooting is a neet trick to play with once in a while but for most of us, hitting the mark is the entire goal of shooting.
AMEN and SEMPER FI my brother. My relatives are all Army and Navy vets, i forgave them, but yes the war stories do ramble on.
Desperate Lee
USMC vet forever

Hi all, new member, first post but been hanging around here for a very long time siphoning info.
I made a snubby from a 58 and used target sights from a pietta model, I did have to dovetail the barrel with files and stuff, wasn't easy but got it done, rear sight I just drilled and tapped 1 hole, the adjustment screw then holds it center in groove. Haven't been to range yet, slacker, but bore lazer has it real close at 20 yards...
20220530_094733.jpg

Had a chewed up set of N frame grips I got to fit with a little cutting and shaping too
20220530_094733.jpg

I did get the stainless pin retainer from midway...
20220530_094733.jpg
20220411_184806.jpg

Back