• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Home Made Hush Puppies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Hush Puppies

For those who are tired of frozen hush puppies in a bag.

Ingredients
Vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup diced sweet onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk

How to Make It
Step 1
Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients. Add egg and buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.

Step 2

Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry, in 3 batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Keep warm in a 200° oven.

That's about my recipe but I like to throw a few fresh Jalapenos in the food processor and mix them in.....

..hush puppies in a bag reminds me of Fellowship of the Ring when the Hobbits are sitting in the Prancing Pony having an ale and Pippen says, "They come in Pints?"

I remember that brand of shoes, do they still make them?

Probably not, remembering that brand of shoes dates a person.

A restaurant I went to once had Hushpuppies with little bits of shrimp and crab mixed in. Buy they was good. And yes they still make Hushpuppy shoes, you just don't see them much.

Latest posts

Back