• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Home Defense Cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutnfancy

40 Cal
Reaction score
Upgraded my home defense recently..........

Actually made from a .50 cal. CVA muzzleloader barrel.
DSC00685.JPG
DSC00686.JPG

Friend of mines.

.44 caliber, I've threatened to drill & tap & mount a scope.
I refinishing it next week.
Great minds think alike.
IMG_20200523_122627.jpg

Commodore, I enjoyed your earlier thread on this piece and must say I think it's really cool. Lots going on there, lots of questions. Could you share some details on what looks like a very well built carriage? Powder charge, projectiles? Thanks...

After reading this I told my wife we could mount a swivel gun on the corner of our bed pointing at the door. Any bad guys breaking in to the house. ‘Give ‘em a whif of grape’ says I.
she gave me the dreaded “Look”.
I don’t think it’s in my future

I refinished the cannon I posted above just like was specified from the owner (It kinda grows on ya after awhile).

He was SUPER HAPPY with it, I WASN'T....

I have him talked into making some cool Stained Oak Wheels for it.

I Sandblasted the entire Cannon, so if it needs some attention in the future, no problem.

The "Bore" was totally filled with Rust growth.
I cleaned all that naturally... & I feel like I saved another cannon destend for the scrape heap. :ghostly:

It fires .44 cal.

IMG_20200616_181124.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back