• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Holsters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulF70

40 Cal
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an open-carry holster for an 1858 Remington, and/or other SA black powder revolvers?

Holsters are all about personal preference and type of use. Slim Jims and military issue types are good for historical accuracy. Modern types are sometimes used by hunters for better safety or retention...c

Can you recommend something I can order online for a 1858 Remington?

I bought one already, $50, leather, and it doesn't fit the gun - too short. :(

There are different "1858" or Remington Navy or Army barrels some sold as shorter "Police" versions. It helps to identify the gun to the holster seller and have the seller give you the holsters size first.That said...I would not buy a holster from a seller online who did not accept returns for improper fit...c

I make them all the time.

021b.jpg

That Cary C guy who sells on EBay makes nice OWB holsters for all revolvers including full size percussion revolvers. I am certain he makes one for an 1858 8"

I have one for a Ruger "unmentionable" and it's top notch

I have a Gary C holster for my 1849 Colt beautiful workman ship reasonable price I highly recommend his work. He is also very easy to work with if you need something special.

Best holster for the money I've found is the Triple K 310. Fits 1851's, 1860's, and Remington's. Come in black or brown. Models to fit up to an 8" barrel. $36 or less. Midway sells them. I've been very happy with the 2 I have.

Attachments

• 967413.jpg
    967413.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
Can you recommend something I can order online for a 1858 Remington?

I bought one already, $50, leather, and it doesn't fit the gun - too short. :(
Yes. El Paso Saddlery. Buy the 1920 Tom Threepersons with a forward cant. Preferred is the basket weave in Russet color with a matching Ranger belt. You're welcome…

Depends on why you are carrying a holstered firearm. With all due respect to the holy black I would not carry an antique or reproduction to stake my life on. And I have had concealed carry licenses issued because of where and when I worked.
If I am carrying because of concerns for my safety I want something at least as reliable as the light switch on the wall, if not more so. First choice a DA revolver in .44 spcl or .357 mag. Second choice a well maintained 1911 in .45 ACP. I like to carry a rolled up kiboko also.
At home, I like frangible ammo, but it seems difficult to find now.

Latest posts

Back