• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Holster for 1862 Pocket Police?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I must be looking in the wrong places, so I surrender to this board and am looking to you for assistance...
:surrender:

Can anyone recommend a source for a decent leather holster that fits the Colt 1862 Pocket Police?

Thanks all.

Old No7

I got one from Chattahoochee Black Powder Arms in Georgia when I purchased my Pocket Navy so it should fit the Pocket Police too. They included the holster with the deal. They no longer have a web site I'll see if I can find their phone number for you. Ken, the owner will probably be at the NSSA national this week so I would not count on getting anyone after Tuesday until next week.

Bruce

It depends on your price range and intended useage. Some suggestions:

Higher quality will be R.M. (Rick) Bachman from Montana, very authentic holsters www.oldwestreproductions.com . Rick has been a holster collector and maker for many years and makes some very nice holsters and belts.

Also El Paso Saddlery Co., in El Paso, TX makes good stuff.

For lower price range check out Oklahoma Leather holsters from www.thegunworks.com in Oregon. Good folks to deal with.

Navy Arms Co. used to sell a very basic form fitted 1862 Police slim jim holster, but they are hard to find used. Sometimes see these at gun shows.

Also, www.emf-company.com used to sell slim jims for pocket size frames if I remember correctly. Their website is undergoing update but they list an 800 phone number.

Hope this helps. :yakyak: :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at Dixie Gun Works? I recently saw a military flap type holster Dixie has listed on their website. They may have a few others that might fit your revolver.

Back