• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hogs in Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to hunt hogs in Alabama on private or public lands. Experienced hunter. I want to take a hog with my 50 caliber GPR. Willing to pay a reasonable trespass fee. Any idea who I could contact? Thanks.

Lauderdale management area is covered up with them but it not an easy hunt. I have seen plenty of sign but never seen one while i'm in the woods. I have a friend that kills 3 or 4 a year with his recurve bow but he knows the place like the back of his hand and spends most of his spare time in the woods.

7 Mile Island management area is also covered up with them and has designated the month of March as black powder hog season. Again, plenty of hogs, tons of pressure on them, most of the bottom land is privet hedge and impossible get through to slip up on them.

The southeastern states seem to be overrun with hogs. Where I used to live was crawling with them; but would you believe I never hunted them?

Corps of Engineers land along the rivers should be available for free with a permit. There are some huge national forests, but I don't know about the hog population, but some of them are along rivers.

Sent you a personal message with the same info that Eric sent. Sons and grand son hav killed hogs at both places. They are some time a problem during deer season so much of a problem that officers have told,them, see em shoot em. If toy don't want the meat leave it.
Dave

They did change the regs in the last few years where you can hunt squirrels on the management areas with any caliber M/L, before it was .40 or smaller. As long as a specific season is open that allows rifles you could hunt hogs with any caliber M/L except on youth hunt days. You couldn't hunt them during turkey season unless you were using nothing bigger than #4 shot.

The people who hunt hogs with modern rifles outside of deer season hunt them during the long squirrel season with 22 mags for the most part.

Unfortunately there is no hog hunting during the long off season on management areas.

Back