• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hogs are no longer scared of muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sitting in the blind waiting for hogs to show up. A hundred pounds boar hogs pushed the door open, came into the blind with me and ate my lunch! Was not the least deterred by my .54 caliber cap lock. Ate my lunch and left!
18C2359E-4D11-4DEC-AD08-ECAC570CB348.jpeg
20DC3138-BBC0-4927-950A-B016C7EEED73.jpeg
86EB53F1-6302-40D0-8D66-0FB033D4BC0B.jpeg

Surely you didn't miss at that range!

We get fairly regular visitors at the range I shoot at, not hogs I hasten to add. Two years ago we had a partridge that spent the detail walking up and down in front of the target stands whilst we all shot over it's head, It ran off at the end of the detail and we went up to change targets but came back when we went back to the benches.

I also have a picture somewhere of a rabbit that decided to come and sit up against the bench that I was shooting my Walker off, I guess they must be used to the noise, and are probably all deaf!

Luckily for them, we are not allowed to shoot them as most of us don't have the right kind of license, plus, it wouldn't be sporting!

We used to shoot pen raised hawgs at that distance with hawg rifles (22's). Since he ate yer lunch, I would have taken him in fer supper.

When my Dad and his neighbors did hog butchering time (1st cold snap) in the 1940s a bolt action .22 and .22 shorts were the only killing gun that they used. BTW I think that you have a small boar hog for a hunting pal and a pet, maybe you should pack a couple of ham sammiches when you go hunting.

I have some around here too, of course I raise them. Funny they look like this one must be a pot belly cross. The reason I have too many is I am a bit of a softy so they live longer than they should. I put out cat food from Farm and Fleet that every one, raccoons, possums, chickens, cats, pigs all eat. THe smaller pigs about this size seem to get out of the enclosure I have and may even come knock at the door for cat food.

Latest posts

Back