Hogs are no longer scared of muzzleloaders

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Mknight702

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Surely you didn't miss at that range!

We get fairly regular visitors at the range I shoot at, not hogs I hasten to add. Two years ago we had a partridge that spent the detail walking up and down in front of the target stands whilst we all shot over it's head, It ran off at the end of the detail and we went up to change targets but came back when we went back to the benches.

I also have a picture somewhere of a rabbit that decided to come and sit up against the bench that I was shooting my Walker off, I guess they must be used to the noise, and are probably all deaf!

Luckily for them, we are not allowed to shoot them as most of us don't have the right kind of license, plus, it wouldn't be sporting!

Banjoman

40 Cal
Reaction score
We used to shoot pen raised hawgs at that distance with hawg rifles (22's). Since he ate yer lunch, I would have taken him in fer supper.

MrMackc

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
When my Dad and his neighbors did hog butchering time (1st cold snap) in the 1940s a bolt action .22 and .22 shorts were the only killing gun that they used. BTW I think that you have a small boar hog for a hunting pal and a pet, maybe you should pack a couple of ham sammiches when you go hunting.

Tanglefoot

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you keep feeding him, he'll gain plenty of weight in time for the first big cold snap. BTW --- Why do you keep your lunch on the
floor?

Collector54

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have some around here too, of course I raise them. Funny they look like this one must be a pot belly cross. The reason I have too many is I am a bit of a softy so they live longer than they should. I put out cat food from Farm and Fleet that every one, raccoons, possums, chickens, cats, pigs all eat. THe smaller pigs about this size seem to get out of the enclosure I have and may even come knock at the door for cat food.

GREENSWLDE

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That little piggy came to Market and should have gone "WE-WE-WE all the way home" when you kicked his --se for stealing your lunch..:ThankYou: ..OLD DOG...