• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

History of Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntinfool

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's my gunsmith friend and mentor Bob Walden giving a talk about the history of firearms to some school kids. He's explaining the matchlock.

BWMatch0207.jpg

He built all the guns on the rack including the Wheel lock, Brown Bess, and the 1803 Springfield!

BWMFR0171.jpg

Chuck :redthumb:

Great photos and what a rack of flints !
So great to see some of the fine gunsmiths and some of their creations . Any more photos ? :redthumb:

Great Pics. It is nice to see I am not the only one that want's to pass on the love I have for the old ways and helping the kids to see what our forfathers did. My hats off to Bob and you also. :RO: :applause: keep it going. thanks for the pics. :master:

keep ye powder dry and the wind at ye back.

Tim/bear1st :thumbsup:

I know I am prejudiced, but that is one fine looking wheellock on that rack. I noticed he had the good ones on the top of the rack! :winking: :winking:
God bless.
volatpluvia

Huntinfool,
hang on to that friend we all need more like him
nice pics thanks for sharing!!

snake-eyes :m2c: :) :peace: :thumbsup:

Funny thing you should ask Stews I do happen to have a few more. The event is The Mary Ingles Trail Associates we do it every Sept. We got 2 others going on this week and one the next week plus kids day Sat. Oct. 9th where the kids get to shoot our flinters plus some of the parents try em out also.

IMGP0206.jpg

IMGP0260.jpg

Papaw's little man Logan Shane he's a little camera shy!

IMGP0222.jpg

Here's Bob's latest addition for his history of firearms presentation!

HandGonne.jpg

BrownedHG1131.jpg

BrownedHG2130.jpg

Chuck Goodall :thumbsup:
The Original Huntin' Fool
&
Kanawha Ranger Scribe

These are the best.
Nice to see a lot of folks enjoy themselves. Give my hello to your friend , I do like the looks of his wares.
Up here in the frozen North our events are few but we do ahve a good time. :imo:

It's great to see things like this, Huntinfool. Wish my family and I could have been there. Fantastic rifles also! That 1803 Lewis & Clark Rifle in the photo looks like one of the best built I've seen, and I'm sure it is! :thumbsup:

That's a gorgeous way to get kids involved in history and prevent them from wetting their pants if they hear the word "gun" as they are trained by "public" schools and "Liberals" like Pavlov's dogs.

Back