• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Historically accurate powderhorns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooter76

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one. Plug broke off in horn. the horn is only 9 inches long. Bad decision yes They offered to take it back.but you got a paper with it telling you how to return it if you had problems, so it is a wall hanger.

It was a answer to a post here about the horns sold at crazy crow.and for some reason it posted by it self.i could not move it I just hate to send something back that I can fix.

I'm not sure how an Indian cow horn can be any more cheap junk than an American cow horn... Regardless, I've found a much nicer and more accurate horn, albeit one quite a bit pricier. (thanks Loyalist Dave for the link :thumbsup: )

I would be kinda surprised if those cow horns came from India.

Due to the Hinduism in that country, most people there think a cow is almost sacred and won't do anything that could harm them.
In fact, in many of the Indian States, eating or possessing cow meat (beef) is illegal.

Now, I'll admit many of the Native American Indian tribes in the US would be more than happy to eat beef and carve cow horns but somehow I don't think they made those horns either. :rotf: :grin:

More likely they are from Mexico (or further south). Stumpy, thick, ugly horns in my opinion - I like the longer graceful ones with a twist from US cows.

I got October Country's pioneer horn recently and boy is it ever a peach:

20170313_130202_1.jpg

LOVE it. Super well made and pretty. Didn't break the bank either.

Back