Historian Shelby Foote

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Eutycus

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I think one of Foote's famous quotes was "I'd be with my people, right or wrong."
Another quote about the Confederate flag is just as good. "I'm for the Confederate flag always and forever.Many among the finest people this country has ever produced died in that war. To take it and call it a symbol of evil is a misrepresentation."

54ball

62 Cal.
Reaction score
My only wish as an elderly man of 72 years now, is that someday, this great country will come to it's senses,
and declare a National Cemetery location for the Courageous Confederate Dead to lie in honor, peace and
remembrance of the sacrifices that they made for their cause as well. They were Americans too.
There are many Confederate Cemeteries. Most of these are tended by the states.
By act of Congress in 1958, Confederate dead were recognized as the same status as any American dead by the graves and registration. To this day any Confederate grave is eligible for a CSA marker from the US government.

Darto

40 Cal.
Reaction score
About the time some Confederate statues were being removed, Foote's books became way more expensive all of a sudden. I found a nice set of the hardbacks for about $50 but it was a tough search.
But now I see the prices are back down to what they used to be. About $50 for a decent set of 3 hardbacks and $100 for new. They were like 3 times that about a year ago during the anti confederate hysteria.

Latest posts