• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

High Cost of Caps and Powder-Gets Crazier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you have to be creative on shipping; I sold a rattle snake backed osage bow to a guy in Italy for $400, the import duty on a new bow was $600. He said to mark the shipping paperwork as "used sporting goods, archery" which made the import duty $30. I shipped the bow off marked as requested, it took 6 weeks to get to him. I was getting nervous about the possibility of the bow being confiscated because of the snakes skins which were banned by the import laws but eventually the package arrived to the buyer unopened, it had never had the contents inspected.

I have done the same thing. I shipped several items to Germany for reenactors of Revolutionary, French & Indian time frame. Go figure. The gent told me it was very hard to find items over there! I called them antiques and parts. Worked fine

Graf and sons Schuetzen Musket caps arrived today at my home. 1000 Caps for $117.27 total. Ordered 5-6 days ago. I could have done 5000 and saved more money but need to practice fiscal restraint once in a while.

Latest posts

Back