• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi new member from Lost Wages Nevada..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GomezMunoz1951

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello the fire...

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I got my first muzzle loader back around 1973. It was a Uberti Remington revolver. I bought it from a gun store, it was second hand. Who ever had owned it, had put bone handles on it, browned it, and bronzed and raised the front sight. And they had honed the trigger so it was real light. I shot that pistol for several years and then got a Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter (sporterized Zouave) and also won a CVA Kentucky Rifle kit in a raffle so I built it, and then got the matching Kentucky pistol for Christmas. I joined the Air Force and was stationed at Great Falls Montana. While hanging out in some of the gun shops I heard that there were guys wanting to start a club, so I got the info and went to the meetings. Unfortunately got orders and the last I heard was that the club got going and then kind of faded away.

I kept shooting the guns and eventually retired from the Air Force. I moved to Las Vegas and came across Cowboy Action Shooting. I became a life member of the Eldorado Cowboys and NCOWS. I found a Navy Arms Ridgefield Henry in .44-40, bought 3 more Pietta Remington Revolvers (and two .45 Conversion Cylinders, and 13 extra C&B cylinders), and a mule eared shotgun and went to shooting. Unfortunately over the years of shooting, my first revolver became to worn and I was unable to cock the hammer. From what I hear, it is one of the first Uberti and probably metric, so finding a new hammer for it might be a problem. Hate to see it become a wall hanger, it sure was a sweet shooting gun. Anyway, shot in CAS matches until I started having health problems. Got a new knee, and am working on getting rid of some of the excess weight I picked up when I had trouble walking and now hope to get back to shooting. I reload .45, .44-40, and 12 Ga in black powder and shoot in the Frontiersman Category. I occasionally use the two conversion cylinders and shoot in the BP Cartridge class...
Anyway that is more or less the news about me...

And now we'll introduce you to flintlocks and Lord help you, it's off at a different speed and direction! Good luck and welcome!

Hello & welcome to the forum--from another LV desert rat. If your interested theres a small club here, the spring mt. free trappers, they shoot out off Lovell canyon rd. west of town. www.smft.org Trad. shooting only in this club, round ball muzzleloaders, open sites....mostly hanging metal targets...Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back