• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from TN!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felonious

Is not actually a convicted felon.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm from TN, have some kids, and am in my thirties. I'm interested in survival, preparedness, diy projects, and electronics, among other things.

Yesterday I bought my first muzzleloader, a CVA Optima V2 in .50. The break barrel design appealed to me for easy cleaning, and I like that parts seem to be readily available. I've shot it a few times and I REALLY like it. Muzzleloading is definitely one of my new fun things.

I have a neighbor who's really into hunting, and has been trying to convince me to go for a while. I guess muzzleloader season starts at the beginning of next month, so perfect timing.

Thank you guys for having me on this forum, I still have a LOT to learn about all this stuff, and I hope I can share some of my knowledge as well!

Thank you guys for pointing out that I was in the wrong forum. I made an account over on modern muzzleloader, but I'll definitely stick around here because I'm super interested in older guns as well.

I had originally wanted to get a flintlock, but it was suggested that I get a more modern rifle to learn with first. I'm sure I'll have one by this time next year though 😁.

Back