• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from southern PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings all from south central PA! I've been reading here for a while but finally got my first BP revolver, a Pietta 1851 in .44. I know it's a historically inaccurate model/caliber combo but it was a good way to start after looking for some 1858 NMAs for a while. I still want to pick up an 1858 NMA and at least I'll be on one caliber for a bit. I can tell I'll be slowly growing a collection so I'll probably end up w/ .36 before long. I've already ordered some felt from DuroFelt and am trying to track down some mutton/lamb tallow to make lube and am looking forward to making some wads and jumping in!
Greetings from South Western PA.

Hello from S.E. Michigan. Came here from York, PA. When I started shooting revolvers I had an antique Colt 1860 with replaced cylinder. Used to plink at a large rock about 100 yds away.

Now, were I still shooting, I would get me a good repro of a .44 Colt, and not a Remington. That solid frame is nice for modern unmentionables but does nothing good in a percussion revolver. Colts were designed to USE in battle. Ref. Walker. Remingtons were designed to SELL.

Greetings all from south central PA! I've been reading here for a while but finally got my first BP revolver, a Pietta 1851 in .44. I know it's a historically inaccurate model/caliber combo but it was a good way to start after looking for some 1858 NMAs for a while. I still want to pick up an 1858 NMA and at least I'll be on one caliber for a bit. I can tell I'll be slowly growing a collection so I'll probably end up w/ .36 before long. I've already ordered some felt from DuroFelt and am trying to track down some mutton/lamb tallow to make lube and am looking forward to making some wads and jumping in!
Welcome on board

Back