• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hi from southern PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewanderer

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings all from south central PA! I've been reading here for a while but finally got my first BP revolver, a Pietta 1851 in .44. I know it's a historically inaccurate model/caliber combo but it was a good way to start after looking for some 1858 NMAs for a while. I still want to pick up an 1858 NMA and at least I'll be on one caliber for a bit. I can tell I'll be slowly growing a collection so I'll probably end up w/ .36 before long. I've already ordered some felt from DuroFelt and am trying to track down some mutton/lamb tallow to make lube and am looking forward to making some wads and jumping in!

Greetings all from south central PA! I've been reading here for a while but finally got my first BP revolver, a Pietta 1851 in .44. I know it's a historically inaccurate model/caliber combo but it was a good way to start after looking for some 1858 NMAs for a while. I still want to pick up an 1858 NMA and at least I'll be on one caliber for a bit. I can tell I'll be slowly growing a collection so I'll probably end up w/ .36 before long. I've already ordered some felt from DuroFelt and am trying to track down some mutton/lamb tallow to make lube and am looking forward to making some wads and jumping in!
Welcome from south central and northcentral PA! Black powder shooting is lots of fun and a perfectly effective way to hunt.

Welcome,
In handguns I had an 1851 36 Navy for years before I added some more. I got to be a very good practical shot with that 36, its’ still a good friend.

Back