• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from NY.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm another shooter from the Hudson Valley that's been loitering here for some time. Great site. I've always been intersted in history and bp shootin, then a few years ago I became friends with a local bp builder and had him craft me a beautiful Lancaster style rifle. Now I can't wait for the next shoot and having fun with other enthusiasts, great stuff, thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome from the Black Hills of South Dakota!!

My people originated from your part of New York Ulster New Platz area.

Gds260, I'm just outside N. Paltz, were your family Huegenots?

Welcome from the Black Hills of South Dakota!!

My people originated from your part of New York Ulster New Platz area.
[/QUOTE]

Very cool. I've seen an old map and the road I live on was part of Freer Mountain. My house was Freer land up until 1988 and I'm good friends with several of them still here.
Marie Freer (Barger) lived across from me and I so loved hanging with her and her husband. Her grandfather built the house in 1850's and she was 3rd generation there. The local history n stories she shared were priceless. Small world.
20200316_111053.jpg

Yes sir it is a small world and very cool info from the area for sure. Oliver Freer and Flora St John were the last of our line that lived in the area (1850's to 1900 time frame).

Back