• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Cheyenne, WY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am glad to have found this forum! I am currently building a Jim Bridger Hawken from Track of the Wolf, and have made numerous mistakes. I actually started the project six years ago, but due to frustration I walked away from it, and have only just resurrected it within the past few weeks.

This will be a good time of the year in Cheyenne to be working on a project indoors ! Some of the guys here can really tell you how to build one !

Hey from Eastern Washington....my son lives in Afton. Welcome to the oldtimers club lol.

Hello everyone,

I am glad to have found this forum! I am currently building a Jim Bridger Hawken from Track of the Wolf, and have made numerous mistakes. I actually started the project six years ago, but due to frustration I walked away from it, and have only just resurrected it within the past few weeks.
Sometimes the only cure for that level of frustration is time. Time to gain experience and skills. I had a very old gun around my house for alot of years before I attempted to resurrect it. But I'm glad I waited. First for the patience and time required to restore an old gun and also for the full realization of the internet and the wealth of knowledge it affords. There's a blog in the gun builders section called Bridesberg Resurrection. That's the gun I restored/preserved. I did it with help from youtube and people on this forum. Got a question? Ask! It's that easy.

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

I am glad to have found this forum! I am currently building a Jim Bridger Hawken from Track of the Wolf, and have made numerous mistakes. I actually started the project six years ago, but due to frustration I walked away from it, and have only just resurrected it within the past few weeks.p
My Son lives in Cheyenne and has 5 flintlocks and been shooting and collecting for almost 30 years ( since he was 12) He would give some good advise. He's with the Cheyenne PD. Same name as mine,
Hello everyone,

Jim Fahling

Latest posts

Back