• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hi from Australia!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ballarat......I think weve chatted elsewhere....haha
Ah sorry mate, been on too many forums over the years. All blend into one!

I tend not to buy anything in Ballarat as it's the most expensive joint 300km in any direction. Wanted some 7x57 bullets once, Refisch had a box of
Federal for $85 or something around there. Drove on to a gunshop in
Melbourne snd got the same box for about $35.

J & A Shooting in Horsham usually have Wano, or try Roger Mowbry at Pedersoli Australia. I do an annual drive down to Adelaide now for Swiss, must do another soon as I'm nearly out of 4F and can never have enough 2F!

For caps try the same folks, but they are hard to find. If I was still shooting cappers I'd nearly buy 1000 from Rebel and pay the hazmat fee.

From East Tennessee right near the Smoky mountains definitely flintlock rifle county
Welcome and keep your powder dry

Hi fellow shooters! I am pretty new to the smokepole thing, been shooting Military Surplus rifle for 30yrs, mainly competition.
I have just bought an Armi Sport Kentucky 45 caplock rifle, which seems to be pristine condition. Now the hunt begins for powder and caps!
Hope to learn from you all!!
Thanks for having me!
Dear Maxjon . Quite where abouts might help as there are a good few agreeable BP shooters your side of the ditch .
Regards Rudyard

Ballarat Victoria
I had a mate a Castlemaine well into muzzle loaders but he;s gone now .There are some good blokes on your side of the ditch. Ime in NZ . But Know Vic . 'Echuca was once my second home being into steam boats ( Steam & Black powder are brothers chip same ,can't push a button & demand some thing' , They each have to be coaxed & jollied to get the best results ) .
Rudyard

welcome from north central Idaho ( northern rockies ).....
tempImage8QtRfk.jpg

Latest posts

Back