• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Australia .Red Dingo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markstark

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all.
shot my first rabbit in 1964 in the Flinders Ranges down here in OZ.Used a Winchester 22 pump borrowed from my uncle Sid and can still see that rabbit sittin on the far side of the creek and taste the stew afterwards round the campire too.Have owned rifles ,handguns,bows scatterguns and now a pretty 45 half stock made here in Adelaide and purchased from Green River Rifle Works. I am looking forward to getting to know how she shoots and will be looking for lots of advice for some time I reckon.Hope to spend many hours trolling this site as I am a real history buff ,gold strikes,fur trade, homesteaders etc.and love the idea of hunting with my 45 and taking a deer (Fallow) with it or just moochin along and knocking over a rabbit or two . cheers for now Mark S..

Dingo- You've come to the right place. Lot's of good information from knowledgeable folks (not me). Glad to have you here!

Hi Red Dingo
I like to hear tales from Australia,not that you would tell tall tales or anything.

Welcome to the fire Dingo pull up a stump an' sit a spell. :thumbsup:
However I feel I must warn you, that that sulfer smoke is highly addictive (and there is no cure). :haha:

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

G'day Mark! and Welcome aboard, mate! Well that was all the strine I speak. So pull up your billy and a biscuit and share a chinwag with us yanks.

Steve

Thanks for that welcome, I can tell a good tale , but ill try an keep em from getting too tall brother..

Struth steve yer aussies not bad, fair dinkum you,d pass muster at an outback pub.

Howdy toomuch, yeah I hear ya,guns git in yer blood like nothing else except maybe motorbikes.

Thanks G.W.
muzzleloading is certainly alive and well down here mate. We have rendevous and clubs in every state. good to know you.

red dingo,
Welcome to the MLF,hope you visit and contribute often :thumbsup:
I am snake-eyes

Hi there Diesel, thanks pal, and remember its harder to hit a rabbit than a moose ha ha.

Thankyou Snake eyes,I certainly will this is the best site I have found .We dont have ml seasons here in OZ so no one really shoots inline. Those other forums were a bit confusing to some one getting started.

Mazo Kid
thanks for the welcome.Allready thinkin bout the next one, maybe a 54 Hawken and then ofcourse id need some pistols and...

Hi there mate, another Brisbanite here; well Brisbane for the rest of this year anyway. We should meet up at Belmont at some stage :thumbsup:

Back