• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hi from a weaver in PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildGinger

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a spinner & weaver from western PA interested in making historically accurate 18th century straps and sashes. Joining the forum seems like the thing to do.

It's difficult to find good information about woven powder horn & rifle straps since so few examples survive, and because they always play second fiddle to whatever they're attached to. I've thoroughly dissected several pictures from online auction items to do some preliminary experiments with pattern and texture, but I'm really looking forward to picking everyone's brain here to see what more you can tell me. I also hope to get active in the classifieds at some point. Cheers!

The picture here is a close-up of one of my experimental straps:
20220131_203211.jpg

Back