• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey Y'all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just signed up as a regular on here we have a little club Nw of Cowtown that we shoot at each month and we have a vous comming in Oct for anyone intrested. as for me I started out with the caps and now am getting my first sparker.I picked mine up off the ads section. haven't had time to start building one yet though I want to. If any of y'all are in the Newark (Texas that is) area look me up.

Glad to meet you Howler. I'm in Houston, another fellow is in Arizona, but a third regular is in Dallas if memory serves. What kind of rock lock are you getting?

I picked up a lyman great plans in 50cal. thought seeing my other smoke burners are in 50 I would save myself some expence in the mold and patch department as well as other toys I just hope it gets here soon. I got it from a guy out in 49er country and it should be comming in soon.

Welcome Howler!

Good to see someone from the North Texas area there are several members on the forum from the Metroplex and North Texas.

Marc

Howdy Howler!

I'd like to hear more about what is going on in Oct. My regular range in Dallas was closed for a while last summer so I went to Quail Creek. http://www.quailcreekrange.com/

I really like Quail Creek (trip to Cabela's always included), but with gas the way it is now, I pretty much stay local.

Tell us about your club!

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly New to the club some of my friends from work got me to join. we shoot the 3rd Sunday of each month just frendly compitition. and have a three day vous the same weekend in Oct. the club fees are only $20 bucks a year and you can come to the range whenever you want to. As far as the monthly shoots its only $2. per person and this helps to fund the club its the Auroea gun club they owners prefer only smoke poles. As far as the range it is basicly a field that has a good area for shooting, we have some paper target stands and some steel targets set up on the range. I'll be going Sun the 15th if you are intrested. drop me a line or PT me and Ill give you my Phone # and see if you want to come out and give it a try what part of the area do you live in I know that QC did not like smoke poles there when I shot at that range but that was years ago. IF you shoot at Quail creek you are only about 20 miles away. :thumbsup:

Up here in chino valley Az there are a bunch of us old geezers who are intrested in ml. Some of
us might know what were are doing. Would be glad to hear from you

Howdy semi-neighbors, from Canyon Lake, Texas (near New Braunfels, at the bottom of the Hill Country). I've been shootin' frontstuffers since 1976. I own some suppository guns, but never shoot 'em. I have a rendezvous group and a laid back monthly match group, and I do reenacting of the battles for Texas' independence. Rendezvous X is coming up in April and our 56th monthly match is on the second Saturday of February. C'mon down. I can foretell the future, I'm gonna die at the Alamo in March, but I'll be in good company.

Old Grey Wolf,

I plan to see you again at La Vernia in April, and maybe at San Jack? I'll be Mexican again, so..
Shoot ya later.....

Goliad if work permits, also at WOB for Independance Day, and George Ranch for Runaway Scrape.

Grey Wolf,

I cannot find the flyer for April's get together in La Vernia, what are the dates again please? Trying to update the calender. Keep in mind the San Jacinto battle on the 25th.

Thanks,
TxRambler

Rendezvous X at La Vernia is on April 3-5, with the 2nd an early setup day. I will look up your email address and send you a flier, events schedule and a map. Fritztown Free Trappers has a rendezvous on March 20-22 near Enchanted Rock. Are you interested in that? My segundo at La Vernia and I will be running a 15 shot rifle match for F'town. All buckskinners are welcome at both events.

What's up with all of you central Texians? There must be some of you out there. We are active around these parts with two Texas Free Trappers rendezvous, two Fritztown free Trappers Rendezvous and White Smoke Brigade's laid back monthly black powder matches. We just had our Match 58, so our fifth anniversary is comin' up. We'd like to welcome some new shooters into our three groups.

Several of us take part in the main battles of the Texas Revolution of 1835-36. We need more Texians, Tejanos and Mexican soldados too.

I'd like to hear from you at [email protected]

Keep an eye on the horizon.........

Marc A said:
We need to get some participattion from the Okies and New Mexicans.

Marc, does it help if I'm a New Mexican living in OK? :haha:

Our house is down in La Vernia, where abouts do you guys 'vous???

Grey Wolf, sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the knives... been tied up between being sick, and starting a new job. Do you have any patch knives w/wooden handles? It's something I'd like to carry around daily as a small belt knife as well as when I shoot.

The La Vernia rendezvous site is on CR 342 about a mile from the big white water tower. It's on 800 acres that was part of the "Dagger Ranch" of the Wiseman family, founders of La Vernia. The current landowner's son lives across the road in an 1870s house.

I have several patch knives for sale. Email me for pictures.

OK you Texans, Fritztown Free Trappers Rendezvous is coming up on October 9-11 and Texas Free Trappers Rendezvous XI will be on November 13-15.

For shinin' times and good competition come on out to La Vernia.

Email me offline for information.

Do you Free Trappers mind a few Eastern Longhunters showing up at your rondys? I'm from Cowtown and there are a few of us here that might be able to attend either or both events.

Shawnee

Back