• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hey Y'all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmattison

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Since there were no posts in the Southwest section I figured I'd be the first to say hello to all the members in my region.
I look forward to seeing y'all on the board.

:hatsoff:

HD

Y'all are quite the talkative bunch.

Hello from the Dallas area!

Where's that coffee pot?

Hello Marc, I've been waiting for months for this thang to get started. Nobody seems to want to talk much here.

Oh I see the strong and silent types.(g)

Well I'm still saving pennies for my first ML, a Lyman GPR .54 southpaw. Then I want to build a kit or two. I've been interested in them since about 1972, but I was to young then. After moving away from the New England area and settling down here in Texas after separating from Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Time has gotten away. I figure I've got to catch it before it runs away for good. Time that is. I'm looking forward to firin' RBs. I fire center and rim fire rifles as well as my AR, 9mm &.40S&W, but I want to go to Black Powder.

I also love history and so reenactment and Rondies are a possible, too.

I guess the thing that has rekindled the desire is my involvement in Royal Rangers at Church as a commander. They have Frontiersmen Christian Fellowship, with Period reenactment.

Well I rambled enough for now. BTW, where are you located in Texas. I've noticed a few in No. Tx.

Howdy!

I live in Dallas. Except for college and the Army, I have lived in the same area for 44 years.

I am usually at Elm Fork shooting range or Garland Public shooting range most weekends. Sometimes I go to Quail Creek Range, which is just north of Texas Motor Speedway. Going to Quail Creek always involves a stop at Cabela's.

James

Sorry it took so long, lots going on. I'm in Houston. Been shooting about 3 decades and have yet to own a gun that takes a cartridge. I have a long-term love afair with Black Powder. More later.

Hey Sham!

I have shot Elm Forks too, mostly my 30.06 and my AR

My pistol shooting I stay closer to home. Bullseye range in Duncanville.

I heard that Elm Forks changed management / ownership. They are easier to get along with.

I still don't have my first flinter but am starting to set $$ back for a lefty GPR from Lyman.

Good to see ya!

Yessir, new management. Right now, only the 25 yard ranges are open. But you can shoot rifle or pistol at 25 yards. Can get loud. But at least they are open.

James

I see we are still a REALLY Talkative bunch here in the SW Regional Forum...

How's about it guys! I see some of the Texas ML'ers are discussing shooting areas in different forums/threads. Let's bring it to the table here.

Me, I'm still workin' for my first. Now that I'm back to work, part-time , at least for now.

Any replies?

Marc

I'm a bit befuddled, which is to say normal. Is your question where do we shoot? I go to a range called "Hot Wells" about 20 min. from my home in Houston. As far as I know there are no BP shooting clubs in or near Houston, and I would sure like for someone to correct me on that. If a reasonable distance and barring $4 gas I would go when I could.

Planning on going to the reenactment at San Jack on the 26th as a participant. Anyone else?

Well, if I didn't answer your question correctly at least I answered it. I've almost given up monitoring the SW section of the board for lack of activity. Who is next to ante up?

Except for Zonie, it seems the Southwest is made up of all Texicans, so I thought I had better speak up to get a little balance. I am a newbie, just finishing my first rifle and pistol kits and looking forward to hitting the range soon.
:hatsoff:

Michael,

I'm just trying to get a little bit of activity on this thread, I appreciate the input!

Like I said, I'm still working on my first BP rifle. Trying to get to know some the SW folk.

I hope to be shooting this summer. How's about some input from others.

Marc

Deano,

Which kits are you working on? I'm glad you joined Zonie. We need to get some participattion from the Okies and New Mexicans.

Marc

I have finished a Traditions Kentucky percussion pistol and am getting close to finishing a Pedersoli Pennsylvania Carbine Scout percussion, both 50 caliber. In another week or so I should be out making smoke. Still collecting all the "stuff" to be able to fire one of these flame throwers.
:wink:

Well, since my last post, I have finished both guns and took the rifle out Sunday for my first shoot. 25 yards and all but one were in the black. I'm happy. It doesn't look like I have a lot of sighting in to do, just a little technique to perfect.
:grin:

Latest posts

Back