• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey Y'all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Appalachian

Feral American
Reaction score
Saying hello from somewhere up in the Appalachian Mountains.

Very long time blackpowder shooter and hunter who is hitting the refresh button on traditional muzzleloaders after a couple three decades with the inlines. I want the self sufficient experience this go around. I already do a lot of bullet casting and plan to perfect making my own powder and caps.

On the side I make knives and tomahawks and do simple leather work such as axe covers, knife sheaths, and pistol holsters. Currently waiting for my Tennessee Mountain longrifle kit to drop from TVM. Looking forward to getting started on that.

Hi and welcome from northern New Mexico! Do you offer your knives and hawks for sale? If so, things like that seem to move pretty quickly here...
Thank you.

Maybe at some point later on after I get my new forge set up I'll try that and see how it goes. Here's a knife I made that my son carries. D2 and burly walnut.
Screenshot_20220127-143723_Gallery.jpg

Welcome to the forum from York County PA. I believe you will enjoy the group.. 30 years Inlines !! You are back from the Dark side <G>

Our Appalachian chain is mighty fine & long. What general area are you from ?

My hats off for that knife, really nice workmanship !

Thanks,
O.R.

Welcome to the forum from York County PA. I believe you will enjoy the group.. 30 years Inlines !! You are back from the Dark side <G>

Our Appalachian chain is mighty fine & long. What general area are you from ?

My hats off for that knife, really nice workmanship !

Thanks,
O.R.
Thank you Old Rust.

God's Country, SW Virginia.

Can't say the inlines didn't do the job, lol. It's time though for me to go back to where I started with it. The time before inlines were even a thing, and a T/C Hawken was one of the best a poor man's money could buy.
159924964_2367428256734672_4774946359800331791_n.jpg

Back