• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey There!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just joined. Already found some great info! Planning on getting back into shooting after a few years off. I’m nursing a broken hip these last three weeks so I’ve had plenty of time to surf the net lately. My first taste of black powder happened 37 years ago when my dad bought me a CVA Kentucky rifle kit. I was 13 and like many that age I was all excited about it for about 10 minutes then my attention went in another direction. They call it ADHD or something now but back then they just said I lacked focus. It was three years before I slapped the kit together and I do mean slapped together. It looked awful. It was about 20 years later that I rebuilt it properly. It’s the middle gun in the photo. The lower gun is a Tradition’s .50 cal. flinter I bought at that time when I worked in a gun shop. I dressed it up with some tacks and beads. It’s a great shooting gun I bought when I joined a black powder club. The upper gun is an original 1850’s 16 ga shotgun I bought from a fellow member of the club. The shooting pouch in the photo was my first and only attempt at leather work. I also made the powder measures, short started and pan charger out of deer antlers. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve done any shooting so I hope to make up for lost time soon. I also recently took up traditional archery and have shot a couple of matches this year. Anyway I hope I haven’t bored you to much but all I do these days is hobble around with a walker wondering how I’m going to pay all the medical bills”¦”¦ :surrender:

2597181530105125153S600x600Q85.jpg

Welcome back to the fold! You've come to a great place to catch up on things while you heal up. Hopefully, you'll be making smoke again in no time and until then, looking around the forum will give you plenty of ideas for new projects while you're laid up.

Howdy! Welcome aboard. :hatsoff:

For a first attempt, that pouch came out great!

:hatsoff: Welcome to the forum. Lots of information to be found here, and a good bunch of guys to help iron out any rough spots. Looking forward to reading your posts. Take care and mend well. Vern

Welcome back! The MLF has a great buch of people. I like the looks of the tack design on your Traditions. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you mend quickly and are able to get out for some trigger time soon. Emery

Welcome back to the world of black powder, and take good care of that hip, and welcome to the forum, jake

Latest posts

Back